Ferncliff Cemetery Association
Hartsdale, New York
Mausoleum Assistant Supervisor
The Mausoleum Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the maintenance of the Shrine of Memories mausoleum and approximately 175 interments annually. The position includes support of the crematory and interments in all other cemetery and mausoleum locations.
- Managing between 2 and 8 unionized crematory, funeral and maintenance staff
- Overseeing interments, inscriptions and cremations of deceased human remains within the mausoleums and cemetery grounds
- Procuring and supervising the use and maintenance of equipment, tools, and supplies
- Assisting with the supervision of the operation, maintenance, and safety of the mausoleums
- Support with supervising independent contractors for select:
o Maintenance Tasks
o Capital Improvement Projects
o Inventory Development Projects
- Reporting directly to the Plant & Construction Superintendent
- Understanding, implementing, and enforcing the terms of
o The Collective Bargaining Agreement
o OSHA and Safety Committee Safety Standards
o Statutory and Regulatory Requirements
o The Cemetery Rules & Regulations
- 2 years' experience in building or mausoleum maintenance
- Knowledge of building maintenance procedures, methods, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical functions applicable to building maintenance equipment, including the hazards and applicable safety precautions.
- Strong leadership, organizational, supervisory, administrative, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal in a courteous and professional manner with
- Employer and Employees
- Union Representatives and Public Officials
- Outside Contractors and Adjoining Neighbors
- Funeral Directors, Funeral Attendees, Cemetery Visitors (Grieving Families)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (Email)
- Meet visual, auditory, mobility and all physical demands of indoor and outdoor work environment
- Valid Class D Driver's License
- Ability to work weekends.
Apply now to send Resume and References or
fax to T. Tomaselli at 914-693-4186.