Are you familiar with agricultural operations and heavy equipment? Do you have general mechanics such as oil changes, brakes, and air conditioning? Can you bend and lift boxes and bags up to 65 pounds? If you said yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an experienced Mechanic to monitor vehicle inspections and perform light to moderate truck and agricultural equipment repairs and maintenance. The prime function of the shop mechanic is to carry out preventative maintenance and repair.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and/or experience with trucks and heavy agricultural equipment (preferred)
- Experience with Small engine pump repair a plus
- Ability to bend and lift boxes and bags up to 65 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 2 or more years of work experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of small equipment, both diesel and gasoline type engines and hydraulic equipment
- Working knowledge of safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with employees; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Versatile, flexible, with a willingness to do what needs to be done
- Present professional image to customers through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Excellent interpersonal communications with customers and fellow employees
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Effective multi-tasker
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of small engines, both gas and diesel, and including hydraulic equipment
- Repairs fractional-horsepower gasoline and/or diesel engines using tools, handtools, etc., appropriate for the repair work needed. Locates causes of trouble, dismantles engines and examines parts for defects.
- Performs preventative maintenance work, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment, replaces or repairs parts, such as rings and bearings, to avoid unnecessary repairs and down-time in the field
- Maintains inventory records on repairs made, parts ordered, and parts inventory
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop. Replaces engines on machines as necessary
- Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet shop and function needs
- Perform safety inspections on equipment. Starts repaired engines and listens to sounds to test performance
- Cleans the shop and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Make use of all standard office equipment; Computer software and programs, Fax machines, copier machines, etc. to effectively perform all aspects of position responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in all company, Government and equipment related safety requirements and as directed in the employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are an internal Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying for any position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.