The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Mechanic A is responsible for performing maintenance activities as required to support all plant operations and assist the maintenance supervisor and/or lead in supporting the overall maintenance effort and team.
This role requires for the colleague to adhere to all Environment, Health and Safety policies and procedures in order to keep themselves and others safe, all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) that are in effect in order to assure a consistent quality and quantity of product produced.
Job responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate “Safety First/Safety Always” attitude and work habits in all aspects of job performance and perform job duties to the highest quality standards possible
- Execute daily assignments to include but not limited to coordinating, supporting and performing all required plant reactive, preventative, proactive, project and setup support maintenance activities
- Assess, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing/packaging/facilities issues (to include researching technical data, procuring parts, performing hand-on repairs and assisting in the coordination of contractor support as needed) in a timely fashion and with minimal supervision
- Utilize the site’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to properly document maintenance actions and assist in training fellow mechanics/technicians on the proper use of the system, to include assisting in the analysis of maintenance issues/trends to make improvement recommendations
- Assist in training, coaching and mentoring fellow mechanics/technicians on proper maintenance practices to include but not limited to safe work practices, equipment theory of operation, proper troubleshooting techniques and best-practice repair procedures, etc.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for following all safety rules, SOPs, cGMP guidelines and sets the example for proper housekeeping as well as tool and material control and assists in enforcing the same expectations amongst their peers on the maintenance team
- Personally demonstrate and avidly encourage a continuous improvement culture within the maintenance team by actively participating in continuous improvement processes and projects and by completing assigned projects on time and with high-quality results
- Communicate effectively with associates at all levels (within and between departments) verbally and in writing and assist in coordinating maintenance resources (manpower and material) to best support the production effort
- Comply with company policies and procedures, maintain regular work attendance and support short-notice overtime requirements when needed
- Assist maintenance supervisor and lead in allocating maintenance associate and equipment resources required to safely and efficiently support production and maintenance department goals and expectations and assists in leading the maintenance department/effort in the absence of the maintenance supervisor and/or lead
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor