Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
How would you like to serve as a vital and valuable asset to a Maintenance Team where your efforts will directly impact the quality of this organization’s leading nutritional supplements and products? If so, The Nature's Bounty Co. is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic. Responsible for keeping machines in good working conditions to enhance efficiency and prevent malfunctions that could lead to costly repairs. To do this, you will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, preventive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Use considerable independent judgment in making decisions with a minimal degree of supervisory involvement. Will be providing basic training to lower-level associates.
**This is a 2nd Shift opportunity**
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coach and influence other associates to identify and resolve Safety related issues, Demonstrates general understanding of industrial safety practices and regulations, and in particular such topics as: Lock-out/Tag-out procedures, Fall protection, Personal protective equipment, and all other mandatory safety procedures related to the job.
- Active participant of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) cross functional team in support of one or more problem solving projects.
- Develop One Point Lesson (OPL) and Standards Operational Procedures (SOPs) as needed.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Test. (FAT).
- Responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced
- Coach others and apply theory of operation of Machine and auxiliary equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning and lubricating machinery, performing basic diagnostic tests, checking performance, and testing damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
Associate is at the experienced level in Mechanics, Electrical and other disciplines; associate is responsible:
- Electrical-Construct and fabricate parts using power or hand tools and specifications. Review specifications to plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures. Test all assemblies, installations, or repairs on electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures. Assemble and install electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and tools, to locate the cause of a problem
- Electronics – Responsible of troubleshooting Control cabinet; replace P.C. Boards, relays & input-output modules, VFD's and PID's; Install and troubleshoot different indicators: Voltmeters, Tachometers, Totalizers, Counters, Timers and others; able to work and adjust transducers and indicators (4-20 ma).
- Mechanical- Advanced troubleshooting technique used to diagnose the root of the problem and inspect, repair, and test the machinery. When not engaged in active repair operations associate is expected to assist in or perform high-level technical inspections of industrial machinery within the facility and document their activities. Modifies and/or replaces parts on all production and facility equipment as needed; also calculates the speed ration, sprocket sizes, and gear box size when modifying, replacing or repairing gear box assembly.
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic – Maintains replaces and repairs all pneumatic/Hydraulic equipment and troubleshoot complex pneumatic system issues.
- Additional Trades – Some additional trade skills such as: welding, carpentry, plumbing etc. could be needed at this level.
- Plant Systems -Monitor and maintain Boilers, Air compressors, Air conditioning, Dust collectors, and other plant utility systems. Identify energy loss and correct issues.
- Use Reference Resources “work books and drawings” use technical manuals, their understanding of industrial equipment, and careful observation to discover the cause of a problem
- Maintain work area, maintenance shop, parts and supplies area cleaned and organized.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required