MV Transportation is seeking a Level A Mechanic who will perform preventive maintenance inspections on various types of vehicles. The position requires the technician to be able to teach, to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective coach components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles as time permits, must possess a 609 and air conditioning certifications, and ASE certifications. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of coaches.
- Performs major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
- Changes windows and seats, and performs minor body repair.
- Operates buses in order to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
- Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks, brake lathes.
- Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
- Performs daily inspections and repairs on entire fleet.
- Responds to breakdowns.
- Mentors lower skill level technicians.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in automotive or diesel mechanics, which may include fleet experience.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses or have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
- A/C certification.
- ASE preferred.
- Must self-certify competency on brake service and repair for both air brakes and hydraulic brakes.
- Trade school/college graduate or five (5) years heavy diesel maintenance experience.
- Work well with others and willing to learn.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.