MV Transportation is seeking a Level B Mechanic who will perform preventive maintenance inspections on various types of vehicles. The position requires the technician, under close supervision and training, to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective coach components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of coaches.
- Performs major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
- Changes windows and seats and performs minor body repair.
- Operates buses to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
- Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks, brake lathes.
- Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Combination of at least one (1) to two (2) years of apprentice level verifiable training and experience in automotive, diesel and/or clean-natural gas (CNG) mechanics, which may include high school mechanics courses and/or a regional occupational program.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy-duty repair courses or have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
- Work well with others.
- Must be able to work any of three shifts - day, evening, or late, as scheduled.
- Willing to learn.
- Available for training.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.