This position will provide you with a unique opportunity to bring to life strategic capital projects driving Printpack’s growth.
Some travel is required.
How you will contribute:
Your day to day
- The development of scope and cost estimates for projects
- Proper execution of engineering projects, which includes controlling scope, costs, and schedules.
- Project coordination including effective communication with stakeholders, other engineering disciplines, equipment vendors, and contractors.
- Development and management of mechanical equipment installations and upgrades
- Development and management of facilities construction and upgrades
- The design of engineered systems, such as HVAC and chill water systems.
- Identifying, investigating, and implementing innovative technology solutions that will provide Printpack, Inc. a competitive advantage.
- Problem-solving of technical issues, including the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Consulting with customers in problem identification and problem-solving on mechanical issues.
What you will need:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET certified program is required, FE exam certificate and PMP certification preferred. Other engineering majors will also be considered with relevant industry experience.
- Industrial project management experience on major efforts ($2,000,000+) in at least 2 of the following areas is required:
- Machine installation (including specification, purchase, and installation)
- Building utility systems installation/modification involving HVAC, chilled water, compressed air, process exhaust, etc.
- Adhesive or extrusion laminating
- Blown film
- Cast film
- Rotogravure printing
- Flexographic printing
What would put you ahead:
- Pouch/bag making
- Building design/construction
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with project team members, internal customers, senior management, department leadership, and vendors.
- Mechanical equipment design, specification, negotiation, and procurement experience
- Computer literacy in PC based applications including Windows, AutoCAD, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Operations or maintenance experience is a plus but not required.
- Ability to travel 20-30% with brief periods of 70% for specific projects.