The employee in this position is expected to be able to perform his/her assignments independently by applying Good Manufacturing Practices in all areas of responsibility to ensure our customers receive the highest possible quality products. This position is responsible for performing visual, dimensional, mechanical, and optical inspections based on engineering drawings, internal and external specifications, quality assurance standards, and test procedures to determine acceptance of product. and conformance to blueprints, production illustrations, engineering drawings, and specifications. Perform all assigned duties and conduct business in a professional manner.
1. Require knowledge of mechanical systems, critical thinking skills, and proficiency with basic to complex inspection measurement equipment including microscopes, optical comparator and coordinate measurement equipment to set up and verify dimensions and geometric tolerances for compliance.
2. Critical thinking skills, and proficiency with basic to complex inspection measurements.
3. Perform First Article, dimensional reports and Q-Notes.
4. Ability to manage priorities and workflow in a rapidly changing environment.
5. Uses computer to document quality records.
6. Interacts effectively with team members, Purchasing, Receiving, Engineering, R & D, Planning and Production groups to resolve issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.