Medical Affairs - HEOR Manager - Remote
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
- FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
- Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
- Forbes® Global 2000
- Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
- Forbes® 2019 America’s Best Employers for Women
- S&P 500
- Barron’s 500
- Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
- Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
- Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
- Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
- Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
- Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
- Deliver Innovative Solutions
- Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
- Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
- Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Manager, HEOR and Payer Relations will leverage clinical and health economic evidence to justify coverage & reimbursement and support optimal utilization of Quest products. This role will be instrumental in developing Quest’s Value Propositions for all offerings that meet the needs of key stakeholders for coverage and reimbursement decision making. The position will be responsible for rapidly educating, interacting with, and positively influencing internal organizations about the evidence needs of the key external stakeholders, including health policy makers, reimbursement agencies, health plans, health care providers, employers and consumers. The Manager will work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team, supporting the clinical franchises and medical directors by researching, evaluating, and presenting clinical evidence and value propositions in support of the Quest test portfolio. The position reports to the Senior Director, HEOR and Payer Relations.
- Rapidly educate the Clinical Franchise, Commercial, and Medical organizations about the evolving health care environment and the evidence needs of key external stakeholders. Advise on clinical evidence gaps, reimbursement risk, and best strategies to achieve favorable coverage for tests
- Lead and contribute to processes that support successful development and communication of value propositions for
- Quest products by collaborating with and understanding perspectives of key internal stakeholders, such as the Clinical Franchise and Health Plans teams
- Understand and participate in the emerging dialogue on clinical evidence that documents analytic validity, clinical validity, and clinical utility. Be conversant with the BCBS Association, CMS, CDC, EGAPP, PCORI, and major health plans positions on these topics
- Research and select relevant clinical and health economic studies to be included in various types of documentation in support of payer coverage and reimbursement
- Contributes substantially to, and/or manages the development of medical materials (e.g., Evidence Street submission packages, technical assessments, policy response letters to payers, letters of medical necessity, letters of coverage for support, and/or clinical/health plan presentations)
- Maintain knowledge of all Quest-relevant disease states, franchises, products, tests, changing health policy and reimbursement environment and ensure it is incorporated into the short and long-term business plans
- BS required. MS, MPH, PhD, PharmD, or other terminal degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., life sciences, pharmaceutical administration, health economics, medicine, public health, psychometrics, and epidemiology) is preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in the healthcare industry or other clinical experience, at least 5 of which must be working in the health plan policy or payer space, preferably within the diagnostics or pharmaceutical industries
- Possesses a solid understanding of the molecular diagnostic testing market, including products, companies, and technology, and has demonstrated understanding of the healthcare, health insurance, Medicare and regulatory environment
- Ability to develop a value proposition and effective business case that will influence medical policy and coverage decisions. Ability to present clinical data, scientific findings, and complex information in a persuasive manner to a variety of audiences
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of medical terminology and proficiency in medical and scientific information retrieval, comprehension, and critical review of technical and medical literature.
- Capable of working autonomously and in cross-functional teams on multiple projects simultaneously, including regularly scheduled deliverables and incoming stakeholder requests, and prioritizing according to business needs. Requests may include, but are not limited to: coverage crosswalk analysis, denials analysis, health plan requests, external collaborations, and regularly scheduled meetings
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional/cross-divisional teams.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing complex negotiations with multiple decision makers
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Demonstrated skills in medical and technical writing. Health Technology Assessment experience is a plus
- Ability to understand diverse client perspectives to problem-solve, anticipate questions, and deliver relevant information.
- Clients may includepayers, clinical franchises, internal requesters, external requesters, etc.
- Strong attention to detail but maintains the ability to thing big-picture. Maintains flexibility and agility in daily work with the ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Contains an innate desire to learn and is willing to take opportunities for self-directed learning. Open to and comfortable with constructive feedback while staying focused on the primary goal
- Strives for continuous improvement and uses past learning to inform current issues. Recognizes any limitations in knowledge and works to mitigate them
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.