The Program Director manages the instructors and the educational activities of the department and all classes both day and evening. The Program Director will be responsible for the applicable accreditation commission standards or agencies regulations and the school Policy and Procedure department’s curricula as stated in the catalog.
- 1. Responsible for recruiting, orienting and supervising faculty members for the department.
- 2. During an instructor’s first year of employment, conduct an observation/evaluation two (2) times during the first month, once during months two and three and at six months of employment.
- 3. Conduct an observation/evaluation at three or six month intervals (at least twice a year) for each faculty member and confer as necessary.
- 4. Ensure that student evaluations of faculty are completed at the end of each term and summaries submitted to each faculty member.
- 5. Assure correct scheduling and registration of returning students each period.
- 6. Assist with student orientations.
- 7. Participate in the budgeting process and responsible for ensuring budgetary allocations support the needs of the program.
- 8. Review the student record for satisfactory progress at the end of each grading term of each prospective graduate to determine eligibility for graduation.
- 9. Ensure that a syllabus, in proper format, is prepared and used for each course offered by the applicable department in accordance with policy #40.S.07.
- 10. Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula in the department in accordance with policy #40.C.04.
- 11. Complete and submit assigned reports.
- 12. Assist with textbook evaluations for each course taught in the department and make suggestions per policy #40.T.03 for changes.
- 13. Assist the Academic Dean with catalog review.
- 14. Assure Department is in compliance with school catalog.
- 15. Conduct and document regular department meetings.
- 16. Participate in school and/or Academic Affairs meetings as required.
- 17. Substitute Teach as needed.
- 18. Participate in advisory committee meetings.
- 19. Participate in self-studies for various accrediting agencies.
- 20. Revise and update master syllabus for each course in the department ton a continuing basis per policy #40.S.07.
- 21. Assist in maintaining department equipment in proper working order.
- 22. Coordinate with the Graduate Services Director all information pertaining to the externship placement of students, job openings, potential candidates, and any placement updates.
- 23. Participate as directed by the Academic Dean in the supervision of externs, clinical sites, etc.
- 24. Advise students regarding academic progress in the department from enrollment to graduation.
- 25. Other duties as assigned by the Campus Director or Academic Dean.