Our client is a "Top 100 Best Place to Work in Healthcare" and was voted "Best Place to Work" by several organizations, maintaining their stellar patient care, customer service and culture by selecting only the very best people in their respective fields.
Medical Billers for this organization will work out of the organizations headquarters and are responsible for the timely and accurate processing of health insurance claims with various insurance companies.
- Research authorizations, work with providers, and manage pended claims in a timely manner.
- Identify non-payment trends or procedural roadblocks and report same to Supervisor as needed.
- Prepare special medical claim projects; maintains project work/communication logs, uses resources effectively, arrange information and files in a useful manner and meets project deadlines.
- Compose and prepare documentation for appeals.
- Process insurance carrier correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep current on carrier(s) web site information that relates to the practice.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years Medical Billing and insurance claim filing experience. Medical Coding a plus.
- Familiarity with medical billing software.
- Proficient knowledge of Medical Terminology; ICD-10 and CPT-4 Codes.
- Proficient computer software and database skills such as AllScripts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.