Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a dedicated Billing Collection Generalist for our Billing Center. In this position you are responsible for the completion of special projects as assigned by the Billing Center manager (BCM) or supervisor (BCS), working directly with them to ensure all projects are handled effectively and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All manual re-billing audits are reviewed for accuracy and turned into supervisor for approval before posting, insures release of claim
- Contacts payer, patient or location as appropriate
- Documents all work done in iWorkQ via notes and patient notes in eIntake
- Ensures good communication with locations and payers
- Processes all adjustments within iWorkQ
- Processes doctor and insurance changes in eIntake
- Reports to BCC Supervisor any payer trends preventing payment
- Resolves emails from BCC Supervisor/BCM within 48 hours
- Reviews patient information in IMBS and eIntake to determine why the claim is unpaid
- Reviews patient information in IMBS to determine if an adjustment is valid
- Special Projects as assigned by the BCD with specific instructions as to how to complete and when to complete by
- Works with BCC Supervisor and Team Lead on resolution of payer and patient issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management
- Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with physicians, location employees and patients to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- General knowledge of federal payer program regulations and guidelines
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and of billing reimbursement
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Medical terminology
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Read and successfully interpret written directions and/or instructions in English
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness to physicians, location employees and patients
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening; extensive hours sitting at a desk
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork; extensive hours working on the computer
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power-Point, Publisher, Access, etc.
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- IMBS system
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.