Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a dedicated Medical Billing & Collections Projects Specialist for our Billing Center. In this position you will be responsible for the completion of special projects as assigned by the Billing Center Manager or supervisor, working directly with them to ensure all projects are handled effectively and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Billing Center Managers and internal audit in pulling files and obtaining documents for audits as needed
- Completion of all assigned special projects (e.g., sort code set-up, implementation and reporting, company conversions/transfers within the billing center, and acquisition patient conversions) within the time-frame requested
- Performing tests of any Billing Center recommended “pilot” projects, reporting findings of test projects and resolution of any problematic issues
- Review of all acquisition documents for validity prior to converting acquired location patients and charges into IMBS, Rotech’s proprietary medical billing system
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management
- Minimum of one year experience in DME coverage/billing guidelines as well as Medicare DMEPOS coverage and payment rules
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment
- Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with physicians, location employees and patients to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Knowledge of federal payer program regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and of billing reimbursement
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- High data entry speed on a 12-key computer and calculator is desired
- Internet navigation and research
- IMBS system
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, etc.
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.