The Customer Service Representative uses general medical practice knowledge to perform tasks involving the telephone and complex information systems.
- Answers telephone calls and direct the caller to the appropriate medical department.
- Schedule patient appointments. Notifies the patient of changes/cancellations.
- Handles all patient referrals and prior authorizations.
- Updates patient information in the system.
- Provides information to patients about surgeries, appointments, and procedures.
- Assists patients with completing medical forms.
- Updates patient charts and helps receive/send out medical records when necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- Prior experience answering calls in a high-volume healthcare related call center.
- General knowledge of medical practices and terminology.
- EPIC experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.