We are seeking a Pro-Fee Medical Coder to join a remote team for our client.
JOB SUMMARY Under general supervision performs in-depth daily coding of pathology services received. Accurately abstract CPT HCPCS ICD9 ICD10 and Modifiers as appropriate per clinical documentation. Queries and provides feedback to providers and other clinical department personnel. Performs other related functions as required.
* Graduation from High School or a General Education Diploma or equivalent experience.
* Certified Professional Coder CPC CCS RHIT or RHIA .
* Three 3 years of coding experience in Surgical Pathology Profee Coding
* MUST have worked in Profee Coding within the last year * Strong skills in CPT ICD-9/ICD-10 HCPC coding applications.
* Epic experience
* Abstraction of Evaluation and Management 95' 97'
* Coding and knowledge of minor procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.