Under direction of the Field Service Supervisor, the Field Service Representative is responsible for directing, coordinating, and carrying out the following activities; delivery, cleaning and testing of devices, upgrades to device software, inventory management and customer/patient education and support for specialty products.
*Territory covers New England*
What Product Support/Repair - Field and Depot contributes to Cardinal Health
Field Service Job Description
- Make rounds within healthcare facilities to verify device usage and accuracy, and to insure proper inventory levels
- Train customers on the use of our rental reporting system and how to order supplies.
- Perform device education with all clinical and materials staff.
- After-hours on-call support for negative pressure wound therapy as primary and back-up on a regular schedule
- Support Home Care activities such as deliveries, pickups and education.
- Clean, inspect, upgrade and test devices following all established guidelines.
- Be able to perform and educate on proper device troubleshooting techniques
- Instruct customers on the proper cleaning process using the cleaning and testing procedure where applicable.
- Work with Supervisor and Sales Consultants to identify service needs for all specialty products within the territory.
- Respond to all customer requests in a timely manner, giving priority to issue resolution or immediate customer needs that require on call time.
- BS or BA in Bus Admin, Computer Science preferred
- IT experience supporting both proprietary and standard applications
- Strong ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems in a logical manner using both phone and direct communications with the client
- Must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphteria/Pertussis
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderatly difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occassionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
- Basic web research skills, Excel, Word, Power Point and use of other company software
- Maintain accurate documentation of customer processes and interactions per policy
- Visit all customers on an established schedule and perform all required duties.
- Map out service routes to ensure efficiencies in time and travel.
- Fill out a delivery/pickup ticket for all transactions, and maintain copies of all delivery/pickup tickets.
- Maintain current vendor credentialing for current base of accounts to be serviced.
- Follow all established policies in relation the company vehicle, phone and personal inventory
- Travel 40% of the time, including overnight travel, within and occasionally outside of a given territory to service medical device customers in the U.S.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.