We believe in the power of people to create great care.
Pottstown Hospital is a 232-bed, acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We're 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
- Performs manual and automated routine blood tests.
- Prepares specimens for microscopic examination.
- Operates laboratory equipment including Chemistry/Hematology-analyzers.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of departmental tasks.
- Reports to department supervisor
- Performs diagnostics testing on clinical specimens such as blood, body fluids and urine.
- Performs procedures outlined in departmental manuals.
- Performs Quality Control testing,Competency, Proficiency testing and preventive maintenance of instruments.
- Accountable for accurate test results and significance of results.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Technician (MLT) program. Medical Technologist (MT) Strongly Preferred
- Associated Degree (required), Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a MT or MLT in a clinical laboratory setting
- Generalist experience (preferred)
- ASCP certification