Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide. This Medical Physicist will support our Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions business.
- Travels for routine customer visits in the greater Houston area, including some overnight stays. Travels for periodic reviews in the Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi areas.
- Evaluates and/or calibrates radiation safety equipment used with radioactive materials.
- Evaluates radiological equipment to assess compliance with state and/or national standards.
- Evaluates radiological imaging procedures to advise on patient dose reduction.
- Assists facilities with the development and/or updating of policies and procedures pertaining to the use of radioactive materials and radiological imaging procedures.
- Assists facilities with obtaining and maintaining compliance with healthcare accrediting entities.
- Provides consultation to healthcare facilities regarding compliance with radioactive materials licenses and applicable state and/or federal regulations.
- Assists facilities with preparation of radioactive materials licenses and license amendment requests.
- Assists facilities with interactions with regulatory agencies regarding radioactive materials and radiation producing machines.
- Completes radiation safety audits and ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) reviews as required.
- Collects and analyzes leak test samples from sealed sources used and/or stored within the facility.
- Conducts group and individual training sessions; documents training activities as required. Maintains reference library for radiation protection.
- Provides survey meter calibrations and other radiation safety services as required by the customer’s RAM License.
- Explores new markets to offer health physics program.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested and works effectively with other team members to ensure the goals and objectives of the department are met.
- Tracks finances for customer billing.
- Draws on best practices and comprehensive technical knowledge to advise customers.
- Tracks internal trends and suggests process improvements based on observations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Licensed Medical Physicist required
- 8+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Ability to travel for routine customer visits in the greater Houston area, including some overnight stays and periodic reviews in the Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi areas
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to track finances
- Good professional writing skills
- Versed in Microsoft Office applications
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects.
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals.
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models.
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope.
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact.
- Provides solutions which may set precedent.
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects.
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives.
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
Houston Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.