Medical office seeking candidate with minimum 1-2 years' experience in a medical office setting with clinical training, clerical training, and medical terminology required.
Duties include but are not limited to check in, check out, collecting copayments, appointment scheduling, insurance eligibility & verification, obtaining referrals, scanning/faxing, updating medical data, and triaging calls.
Must display a caring and professional demeanor and be able to multi-task and handle interruptions with good judgment and attention to details.
Ability to handle high volume work load independently with minimal amount of supervision. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Ability to be flexible and work closely with patients, staff, and physicians.
Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Athena EMR helpful.
* One (1- 2) year experience in general office environment.
* 2 years home health experience
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
* Demonstrates proven decision making skills.
* Must read, write and comprehend English.
* Must be able to utilize multiple computer information systems including electronic medical record systems, electronic patient referral systems, and Microsoft Office.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.