A non profit in Santa Ana is seeking a medical records clerk to join their team temporarily through June. This position could go longer and there is a possibility it can go permanent.
* Assists in the development of and compliance with the policies and procedures to ensure that medical records are complete and processed according to governmental regulations and standard professional and medical record keeping practices
* Monitors and tracks compliance with legal documents and correspondence with conservators/guardians
* Prepares and processes the clinical records of members served who are admitted/discharged in the Program
* Audits clinical records for completeness and adherence to standards
* Ensures that data is collected accurately and on time
* Ensures that clinical staff understands the significance of inputting key data elements
* Verifies accuracy of EHR data
* Ensures that members served demographic and episodic information is documented within specified timeframes
* Interfaces with Program and County staff and confirms accuracy of all system data and ensures procedures are completed per established requirements
* Generates reports to confirm accuracy of data and makes corrections per Program and County requirements Participates in required system trainings and meetings to stay up-to-date on current system changes Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asks appropriate questions.
* Works cooperatively with Managers and Program Administrators
* Demonstrates good judgment, decision making, and initiative while performing daily tasks.
* Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies within budgetary parameters.
* Reports concerns about issues at programs to the Vice President, Human Resources.
* Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale
* Continually focuses on assigned tasks
* Seeks and implements improvements as necessary
* Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities
* Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect for and understanding of the community
* Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
* Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance
* Attends all assigned in-service education classes
* Kaiser ICT staff are required to travel to assigned HUB's.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
* Able to type 50 WPM
* Possess basic computer skills
* Have knowledge of general office duties
* Have excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.