With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
As a field-based medical expert, the MSL supports CSL Behring’s products and therapeutic areas by advancing scientific and collaborative relationships and acting as a conduit for timely knowledge exchange with key members of external healthcare communities and internal stakeholders towards optimized patient outcomes. The MSL function in general is knowledge-based, anchored in educating internal and external stakeholders in the science behind, and safe and appropriate use of our products. The MSL supports the generation of medical-scientific knowledge and applies subject matter expertise and experience to special projects. This opportunity with our Coagulation and Respiratory team will entail a focus on the planning and implementation of medical-scientific knowledge exchange with coagulation and respiratory stakeholders.
- Acquire and maintain a level of medical-scientific knowledge in the assigned therapeutic area(s) and/or disease state(s) related to CSL Behring’s products. Accurately and compliantly interpret and disseminate balanced and factual scientific, clinical, and health economic data. Gather and evaluate new information as it applies to CSL Behring’s products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Identify appropriate regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) with which to develop professional relationships to ensure exchange of medical-scientific information relevant to CSL Behring’s products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Deliver approved educational programs to relevant healthcare audiences (e.g. HCPs, Managed Care Organizations, Specialty Pharmacies, etc.).
- Provide areas of interest and general high-level information regarding CSL Behring’s Investigator Study (IIS) Program process in response to unsolicited requests. Monitor and communicate progress for those IISs approved and supported.
- Gather, translate, and communicate actionable, strategy-aligned insights from scientific, educational, and conference setting interactions
- Attend scientific and medical meetings.
- Deliver approved educational programs and training to relevant internal functions.
- Degree in nursing, pharmacy or advanced degree in science/medicine (MD, PhD, PharmD) preferred
- 5+ years' relevant pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Prior experience providing MSL level support in specific therapeutic areas
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a dynamic, field-based environment.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.