Director, Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Women’s Reproductive Health
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2019 America’s Best Employers for Women
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for identifying and supporting clinical franchise/disease and diagnostic insight related medical needs. MSLs will also provide critical support to Quest Medical Affairs (MA) in various capacities to further advance MA tactics in alignment with business strategies. This role will support the Women’s Reproductive Health business, with key focus areas in pregnancy and prenatal care, and gynecological testing including infectious disease and cancer screening. Delivery of clear and compelling written materials which support the advancement of medical and scientific thinking, business objectives, and key opinion leader influence will be a critical element for success in this position.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Establishing frequent and timely interactions with Thought Leaders (TL), payers and other Health Care Providers (HCP) aligned with medical strategies to discuss safe and appropriate use of approved diagnostic insights and pharmaco-economic data. TLs may include nationally, regionally and locally recognized scientific and clinical leaders, medical advisors to managed care providers and committees, payers and HCPs active in addressing patient advocacy issues.
• Development of white papers, policy letters, publications, posters, abstracts and medical educational materials such as speaker slide decks.
• Collaboration with therapeutic area medical directors to support medical tactics that drive clinical franchise priorities.
• Respond timely and appropriately to questions on current medical and scientific issues, healthcare advances, treatment trends, and health outcomes measures.
• Provide support to research collaborations, including but not limited to study start, support, publication, and execution.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or expertise and credibility in relevant clinical and scientific areas, including prenatal care and gynecology.
• Demonstrated success with both intern al and external customers.
• Demonstrated experience with clinical and / or scientific research.
• Highly organized with excellent attention to scientific detail.
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills within the relevant therapeutic areas.
Areas of Competency:
• Successful MSL must demonstrate knowledge, and experience within the Women’s Reproductive Health diagnostic and therapeutic areas. MSL possesses the ability to translate diagnostics and therapeutic information and data into high quality medical dialogue. MSL must possess a sophisticated understanding of the diagnostic, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industry including commercial, and government payer strategies, and the evolving healthcare delivery models.
• MSL will work collaboratively with and in support of Medical Directors to develop medical affairs strategies and execute Clinical Franchise-aligned medical tactics. This will include but not be limited to the development of white papers, policy letters, publications, posters, abstracts and medical educational materials such as speaker slide decks.
• MSL delivers highly credible and meaningful presentations to health care decision makers responding to questions using relevant and approved materials as per legal guidelines.
• MSL will also identify and train (when requested) contracted speakers or internal team members in alignment with strategic medical plan and test life cycle management needs.
• MSL will participate in key scientific and medical conferences to serve as medical liaison for Quest Diagnostics at scientific booth (when appropriate), present relevant scientific research, collaborate with Public Relations team on data dissemination, meet key TL at conferences to identify collaborative opportunities, and identify, collect and communicate insights to address competitive medical information.
• MSL will contribute to the development of Medical Brand Plans and Strategies by communicating expert medical & scientific insight and knowledge derived from physician and scientific experts, other Healthcare providers or scientific publications about the test offering or disease area, in particular with reference to patients’ needs and diagnostics treatment trends.
• MSL supports company-initiated trials or other clinical collaborations by interacting with primary investigators, assisting in protocol design, study sight selection, start-up, and monitoring, identification and screenings, and the delivery of disease education using approved resources. MSL also supports data generation activities including participating in reviews of investigator initiated proposals, publication support, and in general, serving as a liaison to external investigators to facilitate key TL and corporate interactions.
• MSL will assist in identifying potential investigators for Quest Diagnostics initiated clinical trials utilizing approved resources. Provides support to the Clinical Development and Research & Development team, as requested and approved by the appropriate clinical oversight committees, for site support activities relating to the conduct of a Quest Diagnostics initiated clinical trial (e.g. recruitment support).
• MSL will facilitate the submission process of investigators’ proposals for research studies if support is requested, in accordance with Company Policies, and applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards.
• MD, PharmD, PhD, or RN/NP/PA
• In depth knowledge of Women’s Health diagnostic and therapeutic areas, including prenatal care and gynecology, with awareness and understanding of relevant scientific and medical literature.
• Clinical experience in Women’s Health or with a broad medical background in a clinically relevant domain.
• Minimum of 4 years continuous work experience in a clinical, scientific diagnostic, device, or pharmaceutical academic or corporate environment (excludes post-doctoral fellowship education).
• Understanding of clinical research principles and applications.
• Understanding of the US Healthcare system, the diagnostics/pharmaceutical industry and clinical and health economic practices in the US.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to deliver high quality work product in a resource constrained time sensitive manner.
• Experience working on high functioning multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to contribute to the overall functioning and well-being of both the commercial and clinical teams within the Quest Organization.
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to work independently, with experience working across a complex matrix organization and commercial teams.
• Travel required depending on business needs.
• Adheres to the US “Compliance Code of Conduct”. Certifies against all required compliance training. Conveys a clear message on laws, regulations, and ethical standards to both internal and external customers. Develops an understanding of and complies with all GMA SOPs, the OIG Guidance, the CLIA requirements, ICH, GCP, and relevant FDA laws and regulations (certify completion where required). Alerts management to possible compliance issues.
• MSLs fully comply with all company policies and applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.