Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Medical Science Liaison Manager, Cardiovascular and Endocrinology you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
This position can work 100% remote both during and after Covid, however, will require regular travel to the Cleveland OH area as well as national travel (30-40%)
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for supporting clinical franchise/disease and diagnostic insight related medical needs. Establishing frequent and timely interactions with Thought Leaders (TL), payers and other Health Care Providers (HCP) aligned with medical strategies to discuss safe and appropriate use of approved diagnostic insights and pharmaco-economic data. MSLs also respond to unsolicited questions on current medical and scientific issues, healthcare advances, treatment trends, and health outcomes measures. TLs may include national, regional, and locally recognized scientific and clinical leaders, medical advisors to managed care providers and committees, payers and HCPs active in addressing patient advocacy issues.
• Must demonstrate in‐depth knowledge of the Cardiovascular and Endocrinology therapeutic area. Job Accountabilities
• Must possess the ability to translate this information and data into high quality medical dialogue.
• Must possess understanding of the diagnostics, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry including commercial, and government payer strategies, and the evolving healthcare delivery models.
• Must be able to deliver presentations to health care decision makers responding to unsolicited questions using relevant and approved materials as per company guidelines.
• Must be able to support company-initiated studies and research collaborations by interacting with external investigators, assisting in study site interactions, and delivering disease education using approved resources. MSLs may also support data generation activities including participating in reviews of Investigator initiated research proposals.
• Other activities may include identification and training of company-sponsored speakers or internal team members if alignment with medical plan and test life cycle needs.
• MSL will identify, collect and communicate competitive medical insights to address trends and changes affecting the medical, regulatory and payer environment used to develop medical strategies.
• Contributes to the development of yearly strategic medical plan and provide support to development of clinical franchise business strategic plans by sharing his or her medical insight and knowledge derived from external scientific resources.
• Fully understands and complies with Quest Diagnostics medical and corporate SOP’s.
• Identifies potential investigators for Quest Diagnostics studies utilizing approved resources.
• Provides support to the Clinical Development team, as requested and approved by the appropriate medical lead and clinical study oversight committees. Support and facilitate the submission process of external study proposals as requested, in accordance with Company Policies, and applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards.
• Adheres to the US “Compliance Code of Conduct”. Certifies against all required compliance training. Conveys a clear message on laws, regulations, and ethical standards to both internal and external customers. Develops an understanding of and complies with all GMA SOPs, the OIG Guidance, the CLIA requirements, ICH, GCP, and relevant FDA laws and regulations (certify completion where required). Alerts management to possible compliance issues.
MSLs fully comply with all company policies and applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards
Job Requirements including Certifications
• PharmD or PhD preferred
• Minimum of 2.5 years working in a clinical, diagnostics or pharmaceutical environment (excludes post doc education).
• Understanding of clinical research principles
• Understanding of the US Healthcare system, the diagnostics/pharmaceutical industry and clinical and health economic practices in the US.
• Ability to work independently - experience working across a matrix organization and commercial teams.
• Travel required, approximately 30-40%
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity/Citizenship.