About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
St. Christopher's has more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, combining top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties including Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology, Oncology, and Orthopedics. It houses the only Verified Pediatric Burn Center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital and was recognized as a Women's Choice Award Best Children's Hospital.
In addition to its main location in Philadelphia, the hospital has a growing network of primary and specialty care locations throughout the Philadelphia suburbs and New Jersey so your child's health conditions can be treated close to home.
About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
1. Provides complete administrative and secretarial support to the Section
2. Maintains accurate levels of office supplies ensuring availability at all times.
3. Answers telephones according to Hospital and Section guidelines - accurately recording names, dates, time, telephone numbers and a clear and concise summary.
4. Triage calls, records/communicates/delivers all messages assuring and timeliness.
5. Schedules/Confirms patient appointments for a high volume practice into the resources scheduling system.
6. Assistant Director in daily functions of the section
7. Sorts and distributes mail.
8. Manages patient's charts. Assures that all information is collected and details are accurate. Promptly and effectively handles requests for medical records.
9. Effectively arranges for coverage of responsibilities when out of the office.
10. Maintains confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the institution and department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in word processing, database management and automated scheduling system.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to meet deadlines and respond to unpredictable situations exercising good judgment
Pleasant and professional conduct and appearance in accordance with Hospital and Section standards and documented expectations.
Ability to work without supervision
Ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis.
Training & Education:
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred
Three to five year experience in related health care field. Previous supervisory skills preferable.
Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.