Medical Technologist II - Microbiology - Neptune, New Jersey - Monday to Friday 10:00pm - 7:00am
1. Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I.
2. Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the department. Proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department.
3. Participate in continuing education; present periodic in-service programs.
4. Make suggestions for improvements; actively participate in implementation of process improvements.
5. Assist with oversight and training of department employees as necessary.
6. Perform other duties as needed to assure the timely completion of the work.
BS in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry, or an AS degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology, or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14,1990. If HEW certified, eight years or more in same department. Associates hired after the standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree.
Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience with most current year in present department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual performance appraisals.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important. 4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.