Medical Technologist II- Teterboro, New Jersey - TUES-SATURDAY
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
1. Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I.
2. Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the department. Proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department.
3. Participate in continuing education; present periodic in-service programs.
4. Make suggestions for improvements; actively participate in implementation of process improvements.
5. Assist with oversight and training of department employees as necessary.
6. Perform other duties as needed to assure the timely completion of the work.
BS in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry, or an AS degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology, or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14,1990. If HEW certified, eight years or more in same department. Associates hired after the standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree.
Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience with most current year in present department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual performance appraisals.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important. 4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.