About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
Medical Technologist position for Phoenixville Hospital's Laboratory
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week with weekend and holiday rotation); 2nd shift
- MS Degree with 4 years of experience or a BS with a minimum of 6 years experience
- Performs manual and automated routine blood tests.
- Prepares specimens for microscopic examination.
- Operates laboratory equipment including Chemistry/Hematology-analyzers.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of departmental tasks.
- Reports to department supervisor
- Performs diagnostics testing on clinical specimens such as blood, body fluids and urine.
- Performs procedures outlined in departmental manuals.
- Performs Quality Control testing,Competency, Proficiency testing and preventive maintenance of instruments.
- Accountable for accurate test results and significance of results.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Technician (MLT) program.
- ASCP certification, preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a MT or MLT