Position: Medical Transcriptionist II (In Office)
Location: Brookfield, WI
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Transcriptionist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Transcriptionists play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
The incumbent is responsible for the accurate and timely transcription of gross and microscopic dermatopathology reports; in addition, will transcribe routine correspondence; incorporates templates and stored phrases in reports according to established departmental procedures. This individual will comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
1. Transcribe gross description and microscopic diagnosis and other clinical information into LIS
2. Make corrections/edits to reports, as per Pathologist instructions
3. Hematopathology transcription, as applicable
4. Provide verbally, STAT and malignant results to clients, as applicable
5. Obtain patient clinical history, as applicable
6. May participate in training of new staff members
7. Prepare outside consultation cases for send-out to client, as applicable
8. Maintain Send-out/Consultation log, as applicable
9. Enter amended results and document client notification
10. May select pathologist QC cases (PASR)
11. May select transcription QC cases
12. May generate and monitor pending lists
13. May assign CPT codes, once required training is completed and documented
14. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct problem or immediately notify general supervisor, technical supervisor or director
15. Understand and follow all applicable standard operating procedures for job-related responsibilities, to include Pathologist Electronic Signature Guidelines SOP
16. All other duties as assigned
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Strong Knowledge of Medical Terminology
3. Strong Data Entry skills
4. Good clerical, organizational, phone and communication skills
5. Three or more years transcription experience required, Transcription certificate or 5 years’ experience preferred
1. Incumbent will work in a fast-paced office, 20% of the daily workload is administrative and backup phone coverage.
2. 50% templates, 50% straight typing, no voice recognition
3. Must be detail oriented & a self starter
4. Must have excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills