The Medication Safety Officer collaborates with organizational leaders and acts as an internal consultant to continually improve medication use processes and systems. Facilitates medication related cause analysis activities, acts as an advisor to the Medication Safety Committee at Reading Hospital and continually scans external sources to assure that Tower Health (TH) practices are up to date. Provides education related to medication safety.
• PA Pharmacy License must be obtained within 90 days of hire
• Medication Safety Certification through the ISMP or within 1 year of hire
• Pharm. D. required
• Five to ten years of experience in the medication use process with 2-3 years as a Clinical Pharmacist
• One to two years of experience focused on improving medication related systems and processes
• Excellent communication and leadership skills to influence care providers at all levels of the organization
• Knowledge of general principles of medication use safety, system theory, culture of safety, medication error reporting systems, human factors engineering and performance improvement