The Outbound Relationship Consultant will place outbound calls to potential members seeking to open new memberships and enhance member’s relationships with the credit union. They will also call on leads from our existing member base to meet or exceed credit union goals. This position cross-sells Credit Union products and services including: deposits, loans, Investments, insurance products, first mortgages and Autoland. This position is expected to represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner at all times and required at a minimum to meet or exceed assigned members service and/or sales goals. This position adds value by presenting a professional image of the Credit Union since this is the first point of contact for members. This position supports Credit Union depository and lending products as well as assists in the achievement of overall service and sales related goals.
- Generate business through outbound calls using call lists to achieve sales goals. Work directly with members/potential members via telephone, and email having conversations that matter goals and provides appropriate solutions. Educates members on product offerings and services to improve their financial well-being. Explains pricing and answers questions from members/potential members building value in the member relationship.
- Tracking daily phone calls.
- Follows up with members/potential members via telephone or email following initial contact.
- Tracking daily sales totals/production.
- Resolving member requests-calculating terms on loans/CDs.
- Continued product education and compliance training to better service member calls.
- Maintains accurate daily record of member conversations in CRM.
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Minimum 3 years related experience with Nuvision and/or prior loan experience with a proven track record in meeting and or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven ability to originate business through outbound calling activity.
- Working knowledge of applicable law, regulations, compliance practices and Credit Union procedures.
- Solid knowledge of deposit, loan and ancillary products/services.
- Basic understanding of applicable lending regulations.
- Excellent communication and phone skills including professional verbal skills and etiquette.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with members, staff and management.
- Able to listen, identify a need and offer a solution to a members need.
- Solid computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Able to manage multiple tasks and follow through with member requests.
- Successful completion of all compliance related coursework
- NMLS Registered
Education: High School or Equivalent
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place