- Ability to read and understand station plan, standard work or any other work instructions before performing assigned work.
- Must have understanding and ability (with minimal assistance) to perform tasks assigned.
- Ability to work within a team environment, providing constructive feedback as required.
- Must be able to work safely around chemicals, high temperatures, lifting devices and electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of inspection tools.
- Painting and Coating of Parts prior to Hot Expanding
- Set up jobs for Hot/Cold Expand per station plan and standard work instructions.
- Ability to re-adjust initial set up based on results of first strike to ensure quality parts per station plan and or blue print.
- Ability to understand digital recorders, temperature controllers, and Thermocouple correction factors.
- Ability to layout and measure first part before continuing balance of work order. Ability to measure each and every part after removal from Expander.
- Ability to troubleshoot any parts that fail to meet station plan and or blue print requirements. Ability to seek out and work with engineering support when needed.
- Set up & operate metal finishing equipment.
- De-burring and grinding of parts.
- Ability and knowledge to record any required document inputs and operator charge time correctly.
- Perform any and all jobs safely as assigned per supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a high temperature environment.
- 1-2 years work experience inspecting production parts using blue prints or gages
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
- Working knowledge of basic inspection equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledgeable in metal finishing
- High School Diploma or GED required