SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Metrology Specialist is responsible for the oversight, calibration, and maintenance of analytical and microbiology equipment. The Metrology Specialist must also be sensitive to the demanding regulatory compliance requirements attending to the operation of a pharmaceutical testing laboratory.
- Maintain equipment readiness so that all reasonable customer requests pertaining to the conduct of testing are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain equipment within established parameters governing regulatory compliance expectations.
- Ensure all equipment is entered, scheduled, and maintained in the LIMS system.
- Ensure all equipment documentation is complete, up-to-date, and stored properly.
- Prepare protocols related to validation and re-qualification of equipment.
- Maintain and update master calibration list.
- Review calibration/qualification records supplied by third party vendors.
- Document all findings in compliance with cGMP standards.
- Coordinate outside calibration testing for equipment as needed.
- Assume lead role in Out of Tolerance Investigations and prepare impact assessments when necessary.
- Assist management in addressing and resolving Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Participate in department and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of customer service.
- Assist in the interpretation of calibration records requested by customers during on-site audits. Participate in customer audits as directed by Quality Management.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- BA/BS in a scientific field or equivalent job experience required.
- 5+ years relevant laboratory experience in a regulated environment and dealing with analytical and general laboratory equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of scientific principles required (general SOPs, GMP/GLP and ISO regulations).
- Knowledge of and familiarity with word processing and database software required.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able to think analytically; problem solving skills are essential.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
o perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.