SGS is theglobal leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing andcertification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the globalbenchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories,we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety ofproducts and services.
Trustedall over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, prideand innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome peoplewho challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helpingyou reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS –optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices tomarket quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner forthe top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Metrology Specialist is responsible for the oversight, calibration, and maintenance of analytical and microbiology equipment. The Metrology Specialist must also be sensitive to the demanding regulatory compliance requirements attending to the operation of a pharmaceutical testing laboratory.
- Maintain equipment readiness so that all reasonable customer requests pertaining to the conduct of testing are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain equipment within established parameters governing regulatory compliance expectations.
- Ensure all equipment is entered, scheduled, and maintained in the LIMS system.
- Ensure all equipment documentation is complete, up-to-date, and stored properly.
- Prepare protocols related to validation and re-qualification of equipment.
- Maintain and update master calibration list.
- Review calibration/qualification records supplied by third party vendors.
- Document all findings in compliance with cGMP standards.
- Coordinate outside calibration testing for equipment as needed.
- Assume lead role in Out of Tolerance Investigations and prepare impact assessments when necessary.
- Assist management in addressing and resolving Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Participate in department and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of customer service.
- Assist in the interpretation of calibration records requested by customers during on-site audits. Participate in customer audits as directed by Quality Management.