SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 95,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Job Summary:The Metrology Specialist is responsible for the oversight, calibration, and maintenance of analytical and microbiology equipment. With regard to technical competence, the Metrology Specialist is expected to possess the expertise required to fulfill all the duties required of a Senior Analyst, Senior Technician, or Senior Microbiologist.
In addition, the Metrology Specialist must be sensitive to the demanding regulatory compliance requirements attending to the operation of a pharmaceutical testing laboratory.
- Maintain equipment readiness so that all reasonable customer requests pertaining to the conduct of testing are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain equipment within established parameters governing regulatory compliance expectations.
- Prepare protocols related to validation and requalification of equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is entered, scheduled, and maintained in the LIMS system.
- Assume lead role in Out of Tolerance Investigations and prepare impact assessments when necessary.
- Assist in the interpretation of calibration records requested by customers during on-site audits. Participate in customer audits as directed by Quality Management.
- Review calibration/qualification records supplied by third party vendors.
- Maintain and update master calibration list.
- Coordinate outside calibration testing for equipment as needed.
- Ensure all equipment documentation is complete, up-to-date, and stored properly.
- Document all findings in compliance with cGMP standards.
- Assist management in addressing and resolving Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Participate in department and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of customer service.