For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Category Development Manager performs a valuable role in building a strong partnership with NBTY’s key retailers by developing and implementing specific programs to deliver against category and customer priorities. This position is responsible for leading the development and sharing of Category Management foundations and directives throughout the organization for the Kroger account.
Establish clear Category Management directives for NBTY based on Industry Trends & Consumer Insights by collaborating with various third party data sources and constructing dynamic presentations around key consumer trends that are driving the category dynamics.
This individual will be our expert for accessing internal knowledge and translating it into action to identify opportunities in the assigned retailer and facilitating solution development with the account team and other team members.
- Shelving guidelines/best practices – Establish and deliver best-in-class merchandising recommendations.
Influence the customer by identifying specific opportunities within the retailer
Assist with any research and lead projects to deliver category solutions benefitting both the customer and the category
- Analytical foundations – Develop standardized category review templates for Category Development team to populate and deliver to accounts.
- Management of data tools – Optimization of category management tools – assortment and space management
- SKU rationalization/projection methodology – Develop and employ standardized processes for SKU rationalization and new item projections.
- Advanced Consumer Data (Market Research, Consumer Decision Tree, Household Panel Data, Nielsen Data Retrieval/Analysis)
- Prior experience working with IRI/Nielsen syndicated and panel data required
- Experience working alongside national retailers and building successful partnerships is required; relationships with Kroger is preferred.
- Prior experience working directly with account teams preferred
- This person must work well in a team environment and have a demonstrated ability to operate at all levels within an organization
Microsoft Office (very strong Excel/PowerPoint), IRI, Customer and Syndicated Data.
- Ability to build relationships and senior level engagement
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- The ability to utilize creativity and push beyond the obvious, comfortable going into “unchartered” territory in setting out recommendations, goals
- Problem solver with a solutions oriented mindset
- Dynamic leader who can push past obstacles, overcome objections
- Understand the value of listening to customers, gaining insights and moving objectives forward
- Must be an articulate communicator who can quickly synthesize data
- P&L management and strong financial acumen
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.