Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Cost Manager, FP&A, is responsible for maintaining standard cost in Oracle and overseeing the development, interpretation and quantification of financial and operational analyses related to material spend, inventory levels and utilization, Gross Margin, EBITDA and other relevant financial metrics.
NOTE: the Manager can be based in either Florham Park, NJ, or Bohemia, NY.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Driving continuous ideation for cost improvement to deliver improved business results.
- Supporting the Cost Accounting Systems (Oracle / AS400); as well as the finance business partner supporting the Global Procurement organization.
- Maintaining accurate labor, overhead, yield and material costs within AS400/Oracle at the SKU level (e.g., raw materials, packaging components, bulk, and finished goods).
- Provide analytics to evaluate variances to standard. Provide explanations to the key drivers along with recommendations to improve costs.
- Communicate cost risks and opportunities to leadership in Supply Chain and the Business Units.
- Monitoring and driving continuous improvements in inventory costing, utilization, and turns.
- Drive continuous margin improvement ideation with the business units via the monthly Gross Margin Variance Analysis (GMVA) process.
- Lead monthly spend analysis and reporting on purchase price variance (PPV) with Global Procurement.
- Develop and research plan/forecast/prior year comparison reports, provide variance explanations, and insights to drive business performance.
- Assist in the development and analysis of the Annual Plan and Forecasts for Supply Chain.
- Lead the annual standard cost update process.
- Drive continuous enhancements to optimize the process.
- Research, track and summarize data including metrics, trends, profitability and expense analyses.
- Interpret data into actionable items and work with cross-functional partners to drive business results.
- Evaluate Global Procurement projects designed to improve operations, cost control, and performance.
- Monitor and analyze ROI’s for Global Procurement projects. Communicate risks and opportunities to business.
- Partner with the Global Procurement department to develop supplier contracts and RFP’s/RFI’s.
- Coach, mentor and develop associates for career progression.
- Broaden staff knowledge/management skills in order to support succession planning within the team.