The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for overseeing the inventory requirements process for all channels of the business which include Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Supplements, Sports & Active Nutrition, and the Private Label brands. In this role, you will develop and execute inventory plans, enabling the brand to meet sales and service levels. You will collaborate with other managers within the supply chain, sales, CCD, procurement, product development, packaging and manufacturing teams to satisfy inventory needs for all customers. This role is also responsible for the managing of the day to day inventory needs, to successfully maintain a weekly fill rate of 98% or better by each brand and or private label account. .
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review inventory needs for assigned brands on a daily basis. Where negative inventory, research the root cause of the out of stock (ie: bulk issues, label delays, raw material delays, accounts ordering higher than forecasted), and communicate to the proper internal teams to have work orders put up, bulk issues researched, or labels delays.
- Communicate issues to managers so they can be brought up on the supply chain call for higher management feedback and assistance.
- Manage inventory levels for multiple brands to ensure that they align to the brands specific goal factors. Partner with the supply chain teams (manufacturing, packaging and procurement) to collaborate on correcting any issues.
- Report weekly the root cause analysis spreadsheet regarding out of stock items for more than 3 or 4 weeks and supply with details to all channels of the company. Work with customer service on major account counts for the current week’s orders.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with the brand marketing teams to review inventory, future promotions, current and future item launches, future raw material or third party supplier issues, disposition of excess and PSD inventory and action plans.
- Maintain and improve inventory targets, while sustaining weekly order fill rates and target levels of 98% or better.
- Monthly monitoring of our PSD (past ship date) report to develop execution plans to work through the inventory before it goes PSD. Work in conjunction with brand and CCD on donations and or liquidations.
- Work with the retail teams and VMI (vendor managed inventory) to plan for future needs and promotions and ensure we have the inventory to support them.
- Work closely with the creative display teams to make sure they are providing the necessary lead-time to support the display, are approving items, running loose inventory, or taking from open stock to move to a “D” status.
- Working closely with Logic Source to procure and maintain proper inventory levels on labels and IFC’s.