The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Demand Planning Manager will be responsible for the execution of successful Brand and Private Label forecasts for base, promo and display at specific retailers. In this position you will work closely with Brand Demand Planner, Sales, Creative Services, Supply Chain and Distribution.
- Work with Creative department/RGM on display forecast by customer for a rolling 12-18 months.
- Handle creation of deal work orders in AS400/Oracle systems to drive demand for promotional activity.
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data and develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for varying time horizons.
- Analyze factors that impact demand (i.e., category trends, seasonality, cannibalization of base) whether shipment of POS forecasting.
- Monitor trends in forecast error and make adjustments to future forecasts.
- Analyze buying patterns of key customers to determine how they will react to promotions in shipment month and subsequent months.
- Follow up with the inventory team on related items within each promotion.
- Compile, communicate and analyze by brand the display activity for each month and the forecast for future months for the top display accounts by unit and dollars in order to show growths or declines, with validation from Sales/Brand.
- Validate the forecast and financial plans to identify root cause of gaps.
- Resolve forecasting gaps through cross-functional collaboration with Brand Demand Planners, Brand and Sales within the S&OP process to align the business and supply chain to develop a true consensus forecast.
- Participate in meetings with the sales team to align on and discuss the top display accounts, in order to track and maintain all of the display requests and pending sales orders.
- Responsible for the communication of the finished good requirements to inventory management.
- Partner with Supply Chain & Inventory Management to ensure “best in class” customer service levels, inventory turns, manufacturing efficiencies, and continuous improvement initiatives