Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Do you have a passion for environmental health and safety programs? Do you enjoy leading cross functional teams to achieve Operational Excellence in Safety?
If given the opportunity, would you be able to drive safety improvements in compliance, demonstrating your knowledge as it relates KPI’s and lower incident rates?
If so, look no further than The Nature’s Bounty Co. and our opening for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for championing the EHS function for one of our facilities, which is a part of a growing organization within the upward trending Health and Wellness Industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and oversee the site’s Environmental Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and procedures.
- Perform health and safety inspection audits and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions will eliminate recurrence and unsafe acts/conditions.
- Analyze accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
- Maintains compliance with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of staff and visitors.
- Ensures that all regulations and codes are maintained throughout the plant facility and at all levels of production, warehouse, and office level throughout the organization.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by all personnel.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all facilities and equipment. Any and all areas used by associates, customers, vendors, must be free of hazards at all times.
- Ensures that all equipment such as fire extinguishers, hard hats, gloves, and ergonomic devices must be available and in good working condition.
- Understanding of safety laws, regulations, and language as it relates to state & federal.
- Responsible to conduct safety audits and implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with regulations/standards.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Designs training for personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in the plant facility.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.