The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager of External Supply Chain, serves as the main point of contact to the select Franchise Teams as it relates to external supply. In this role, you will serve as liaison to provide external supply solutions for innovation projects and base business management. Responsibilities include identification and onboarding of external partners, assessment of capacity and costs, management of business project expectations and timelines, and negotiation of contracts to proactively secure capacity at best cost, quality and service. You own and oversee business relationships with external partners, and ensure strong collaboration between internal resources and external partners to meet business needs. You will also work closely with cross-functional partners across Supply Chain as well as leadership team members and commercial resources coordinating strategies, priorities and execution of business plans with external vendors.
Success in this role requires the ability to glean operational insights from cross-functional teams, both internal and external, on-site and in-network observations. Experience in building a business case for change and gaining stakeholder buy-in will be key. In this role, you will need to possess strong business acumen, an ability to align resources and prioritize effectively, work quickly and accurately across functional teams. Fluency with data and exemplary problem-solving skills will be required. You will be encouraged to challenge the status quo and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure successful implementation of business projects for the selected Franchise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages network of vendors for co-manufacturing/co-packaging of goods for the selected category
- Serves as main point of contact to commercial partners and cross-functional resources for external supply strategies and performance to meet business plans
- Leads communication and coordinates resources between internal cross-functional teams and vendors for all business and innovation projects; manage reporting against NPD projects, commitments and timelines
- Leads identification of vendors and manage contract agreement negotiations to ensure best cost, quality and service
- Identifies and champions opportunities for optimization and cost improvements to improve margins and revenue
- Ensures vendors meet performance metrics and deliver actions to meet established targets
- Ensures external supply capacity availability to support business growth
- Works collaboratively with others to qualify and onboard new vendors as needed
- Other duties may be assigned as required