Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager of Global Technical Accounting & Reporting is a key member of the accounting team who will support the financial reporting department and the preparation of quarterly and annual reporting. In addition, this role supports the Corporate Accounting and global businesses by sharing knowledge and providing technical accounting research and guidance.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Drive improved controls and efficiencies in the reporting process
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Author technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and provide guidance to other members of the Finance team
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including Business Development and Legal to support due diligence, and provide accounting guidance and insight around proposed transactions
- Provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements to assist stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications
- Lead implementation of new accounting standards and updates to current policies, including the adoption of ASC 742
- Support the implementation of the new systems, including a cash application and deduction management SaaS system.
- Oversees the global financial reporting consolidation process ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate
- Prepare and review financial statement disclosures and other internal and external facing materials
- Support financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Spearhead cross-functional projects with domestic and international counterparts
- Lead the development and standardization of global accounting policies
- Contribute to the execution of the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes including completing reconciliations, escalation and resolution of issues, and meeting all associated deadlines
- Support the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports