The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Internal Audit Manager will manage medium to large scale operational, financial, and compliance audits. This includes performing and managing consulting services, providing input and assist with the development of the annual audit plan, assisting the company in its Sarbanes Oxley compliance efforts and performing workpaper reviews and supervisory responsibilities over staff and/or senior level audit colleagues.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performance and supervision of audits from planning through reporting, focusing on continuous improvement and results with a sense of urgency
- Conducting interviews and process walkthroughs to evaluate the effectiveness of the control environment
- Identifying risks, documenting audit issues and developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls and enhance business processes
- Communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to senior management that clearly articulate issues raised and evaluate the impact on the business
- Leading follow-up procedures to validate the implementation of key recommendations and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective remediation;
- Representing internal audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings to assist in identifying improvement opportunities, cost savings and efficiencies throughout the organization and department;
- Reviewing of staff workpapers for accuracy, completeness and compliance with department standards
- Management and oversight for assigned staff performance while providing training and development opportunities
- Assisting with the development of the annual internal audit plan using a risk based approach
- Applying knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws
- Establishing effective business relationships within the company and assisting business management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships, and sharing information gained with department colleagues