The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager of Inventory Accounting is a key member of the accounting team with a focus on inventory accounting and reporting practices, overseeing the inventory team and will play a significant role in the monthly inventory reporting process and prepare inventory analysis and supporting schedules. In addition, this role with work closely with the Supply Chain Finance and Information Technology (IT) teams in developing new processes and improvements.
- Driving improved controls and efficiencies in the inventory accounting process
- Key contributor in business initiatives that impact inventory and cost accounting
- Driving the month end close process with responsibility for ensuring the close process is completed smoothly and timely
- Driving and implementing process improvements and maintain compliance on key business processes
- Maintaining ongoing reconciliation of in-transit inventory, Stock Ledger and General Ledger to investigate and reconcile variances
- Processing various month-end journals applicable to inventory and COGS and prepare related month-end reconciliations including flux analysis, month end inventory, and closing entries
- Analyzing month end reports for variances to forecast and budget and follow up on unusual variances to ensure understanding
- Supporting process flow initiatives conducted by Supply Chain and ensure that accurate accounting and valuation of inventory is maintained
- Assisting with merchandising/ planning partners in analyzing aging of inventory
- Reviewing cost reports, gross margin reporting and variance analysis
- Inventory receipt tracking and analysis
- Understanding of finance and accounting pertaining to sales, inventory, COGS and margin analysis
- Mapping and understanding of transactional inventory process flows
- Inventory, general ledger and/or supply chain support required
- Presenting results to the business partners
- Supporting and providing auditors with costing documents for annual audit
- Updating and maintaining all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Constantly evaluating the staffing model for the team, both internal and external