Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Nature's Bounty Co.'s R&D Organization is currently recruiting for a Product Development Manager to drive Sports & Active Nutrition innovation. This position will manage resources needed to drive activities from front end innovation to commercialization and be responsible for key product development specifically with a focus on protein bar formulation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead strategy and development for new and improved products, from concept to commercialization.
- Ownership of multiple product development areas, such as innovation, optimization, and brand maintenance.
- Manage technical direction of projects- identifying key deliverables and next steps and communicating to team.
- Independently plan, manage and complete technical programs necessary to design, develop and optimize new and improved formulations/products/delivery systems for products that meet customer needs and are robust and reproducible.
- Manage complex business relationships with ingredient, form or process technology partner companies, contract developers and manufacturers, consultants, vendors, cross-functional departments, and outside university experts to ensure customer needs and projects are executed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manage technical staff as needed at internal and external research, development and manufacturing sites.
- Develop and review intellectual property strategy and conducts patent searches, literature reviews and is current with cross industry technology insights. Understands application and benefits/costs to our product portfolio. Ensures competitive advantage through implementation of proprietary and differentiated technical solutions.
- Coordinate and influence Brand Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Supply Chain, R&D and QA as key member and activity owner on Project, Brand and Platform teams.