The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Department Manager is responsible for working closely in overseeing the activities of the facilities including inventory, receiving, display, pick/pack operation and the distribution of a wide variety of materials and supplies. This position will report to the Business Unit Manager. Will assist with overseeing the enforcement of all distribution center procedures and practices. Interacts with department managers and other internal departments by performing the following duties. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with supervisors and associates to support overall distribution requirements.
- Responsible for assisting with planning and coordinating all activities of product warehousing and distribution.
- Ensures the receipt of bulk, components, etc. are entered and checked in the system correctly.
- Develop and implement a planned flow of products throughout the facility through delegation of responsibilities and assignment of duties to supervisors.
- Maintain close surveillance of incoming and outgoing shipments through perusal of reports, staff meetings, observations and personal contact.
- Assist with coordinating of material handling, inventory management, and assembling orders. Anticipate needs for personnel, equipment, and space to meet high customer service requirements.
- Ensures timely and efficient assembling of orders for shipping and on-time, undamaged delivery to customers.
- Motivate facility associates to encourage optimum productivity.
- Assists, advises, and expedites procedures to resolve conflicts.
- Maintain ongoing and scheduled associate appraisals, including wage consideration, job postings, and promotions.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for corporate information and prepare recommendations as to procedural improvements and projects. Act as liaison between Vice President and supervisors and keeps each informed on matters of policy procedure and production performance or problems.
- Participates in interview/selection process to fill supervisor positions.
- Must be aware of and follow warehouse safety procedures. Assure a safe working environment for our associates and recommend necessary training to develop a proficient workforce.
- Maintain professionalism and stay abreast of new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, trade shows, publications, and vendors.
- Keeps accurate attendance records; files proper reports (accident, probation, etc…)
- Sets up layout and space management, work organization charts, as well as procedures such as SOP, 5S
- Manages, counsels and coaches associates on a regular basis .
- Daily monitoring of inventories / analyze inventory reports.
- Complies with and administers proper disciplinary action based on company policies and procedures.
- Develops warehouse staff through internal-on-job training.
- Supervises the activities of all associates in this facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.