The ideal candidate has experience developing and implementing new business sales growth strategies, defining sales goals for a team of sales professionals, coaching and holding others accountable to meet defined action plans, conducting and communicating market analysis, achieving win/win contract negotiations, documenting technical specifications in easy to understand terms, prioritizing and aligning deliverables with internal partners, and closing deals. Success in this role is delivering results, period.
- Drive individual and team sales to achieve business growth goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for profitability, margin, and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively apply the Talent Management System to attract, engage, develop, retain and recognize a team of sales professionals.
- Develop, implement and manage sales strategies, action plans, and countermeasures to win value-add, non-traditional accounts, and expand into emerging markets and territories throughout the United States.
- Develop strategies, goals and action plans for prospecting new customers and distributors.
- Communicate to internal / external stakeholders market trends, sales activity, and customer expectations and satisfaction, to ensure team alignment and prioritization for on-time delivery.
- Collaborate with marketing, engineering and production teams to ensure the integration of new industries and product specifications are met and executed according to customer expectations.
- Utilize digital marketing and social media channels to identify, develop and grow customer engagement, and partner with marketing to develop content to support the achievement of sales goals.
- Partner with inside sales and engineering to create and negotiate contract-winning proposals.
- Utilize technical skills to generate detailed customer engineering requests with an understanding of the cost impact and expected profitability.
- Champion the use of the CRM system to maintain business continuity through value-added documentation of existing and prospective customers, and to provide transparency about industry trends, competitor activity, and commercial and technical developments that may impact current and future business.
- Lead and engage in promotional efforts, act as a brand ambassador when attending conferences and tradeshows and remain informed about industry activity and future developments.
- Comply with all safety and health work rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading a team to develop and implement strategies that won new customers and led to profitable sales growth.
- Ability to understand and apply market research that leads to the development of strategic action plans and tactical execution.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills, including active listening, high engagement, able to work with diverse groups of people in a team environment, and able to interact with people at all levels, both within and outside of the company.
- High impact verbal and written communication skills, including the development and facilitation of presentations, with the ability to convey technical information and market analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Mechanical/technical aptitude to understand, interpret and propose products or solutions that meet customer requirements; strong analytical skills and aptitude for detail.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to adapt in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities; demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with the organization and individual goals.
- Experience as a change leader and can adapt when presented new information.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills, including the ability to propose technically relevant solutions.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, capitalization, budgets and cost/price modeling.
- Actively seeks data and feedback from various sources to make informed decisions, including feedback about personal and team performance.
- Experience applying digital and social media to identify, grow and sustain customer engagement.
- Success negotiating with customers to achieve profit goals.
- Able to work with limited supervision and demonstrate a high level of initiative and competitiveness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and industry-specific analysis software.
- Able to travel a minimum of 50% of time, including overnight stays, to meet with assigned accounts and develop new customer relationships.
- Driver’s license and valid passport to travel outside the country, as needed.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)