Mgr, Corp Strategy & Bus Deploy - Secaucus, New Jersey
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Corporate Strategy & Business Development Manager supports the development of insights and advice on strategic challenges and opportunities for the enterprise. The Manager will contribute to developing strategy recommendations regarding the healthcare market and on how the company can achieve its vision, goals and strategy.
• Support the development of the company’s strategy, developing analysis and insights that moves the executive team to action
• Monitor and understand the company’s capabilities and business environment, including key market trends, competitive landscape, the broader healthcare industry, etc.
• Develop and build relationships with key internal stakeholders to support and engage on strategic initiatives, analysis and project implementation
• Responsible for structuring, developing and delivering compelling presentations and insights for the Corporate Strategy Director as well as the leadership team within Strategy, M&A and Ventures.
• Conduct primary and secondary research to support broader strategic initiatives and activities to understand the market landscape and identify key implications for Quest's business.
• Conduct analysis for critical growth efforts - structuring, planning, prioritization, and performing analysis on key business, strategy, and financial issues. Including financial modeling, market sizing analysis, etc.
• Working closely with the Director of Corporate Strategy, responsible for timely and quality execution on assigned strategy projects; develop a plan to implement strategic recommendations; support and participate as a team member on implementation
• Collaborate with broader Quest stakeholders to ensure strategic initiatives are executed according to plan and escalate issues as needed
• Support the development of materials for Board of Directors meetings, quarterly Executive Week sessions and monthly Senior Management Team meetings that effectively communicate insights and recommendations
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners, including key functions and business units
• 3+ years consulting experience and/or 5+ years in corporate strategy required; experience with a leading management consulting firm strongly preferred
• Experience in the healthcare sector and understanding of industry dynamics
• Bachelors in Economics, Business, Finance or other related field; MBA preferred
• Superior analytical problem-solving skills: ability to structure complex ideas into solvable parts; create meaningful insights
• Mastery of quantitative data and qualitative analysis; flawless data sourcing and analysis; high quality and accurate deliverables
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple work streams, project deadlines, complex situations and multiple stakeholders
• Comfort with ambiguity, ability to make logical assumptions and incorporate new information seamlessly into approach
• C-suite-level presence; comfort and ability to engage effectively with executive team in real-time problem-solving and presentations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to create compelling visuals in PowerPoint and concisely in Word
• Ability to collaborate with cross functional partners; exceptional project management skills; ability to demonstrate leadership irrespective of position in team
- Ability to inspire confidence in and motivate others
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Oral and Written Communication