Sr. Manager Finance - Santa Ana, California - M-F
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Position Description – Sr. Manager, Finance – Quest HealthConnect
The Senior Manager, Finance is the finance leader for Quest HealthConnect. In this capacity, the Senior Manager, Finance is responsible for supporting Quest HealthConnect leadership across all areas of finance and business performance related to revenue growth, operational efficiency and strategic planning. This position reports to the Finance Director – Extended Care and HAS.
The individual in this role will need to be very agile given the dynamic nature of the businesses and will assist the business partners with:
• Driving the annual AOP and monthly outlook process
• Developing and implementing a multi-year strategy
• Strategic planning to grow the business
• Creating financial ROI models supporting proposed projects / initiatives
• Building enhanced reporting capabilities
• Providing regular updates to Executive Leadership
• Support the business leadership by helping formulate business strategy, conduct detailed analysis, and provide financial insights on new opportunities/initiatives
• Ownership of P&L. Manage month-end close process and provide detailed analysis of current state of profitability. Gain understanding of variances and articulate drivers to various levels of management.
• Synthesize information from various sources to develop and create new dashboards and reporting tools to analyze business performance
• Assist in annual budgeting process as well as monthly financial forecasting.
• Has a voice at the leadership table and directs leadership team on operational targets required to achieve financial goals
• Collaborate with centralized teams during the month end close and budget/ forecasting processes (FP&A, Corporate Accounting, etc.)
• Collaborate with cross functional teams (e.g. Product, Marketing, Commercial etc) to ensure smooth functioning of the business and development of new processes
• Manages a highly-engaged and highly-motivated team. Be a talent exporter
• Maintaining an appropriate ‘Tone at the Top” and to ensure a well-controlled environment across the businesses, including responsibility for internal controls
• Identify issues/opportunities to improve performance (growth, productivity)
• Capital investment analysis
• Oversight of accounting, billing and A/R collections
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Approximately 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of operational and financial processes and practical application of financial and strategic analysis
• Demonstrates skill in working with senior management and functional subject experts.
• Drive AOP and outlook processes
• Strong Excel skills are desired
• Hands-on manager and robust people management skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent follow-up ability
• Process driven
• Customer service and business relationship focused
Competencies Critical for Success in the Role:
• Priority Setting
• Business Acumen
• Strategic thinking
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving
• Collaborative skills
• Financial modeling capabilities
• Strong leadership & professional presence
• Capability to work with Senior leadership
About Quest HealthConnect (QHC)
• QHC was acquired by Quest Diagnostics in Feb 2018 (then named MedXM) and is a rapidly evolving and growing part of the Quest & Extended Care portfolio
• QHC helps health plan clients improve their risk and quality measures via Health Risk Assessments (HRA), Diabetic Retinopathy Services (DRS), Osteo screening and lab kit programs
• QHC runs a large call center operation and employs a large network of independent health professionals to provide its services in home, via telehealth and in PSC’s
• A primary goal of QHC is to leverage the huge quantity of patients touchpoints at Quest’s large network of PSC’s as a means to increase its reach
About Extended Care
• The goal of the Extended Care portfolio is to reach new patients through new services and points of care. It is comprised of Quest HealthConnect and the joint venture with Walmart (Walmart JV).
• The Walmart JV was set up in 2017 and is comprised of 55 PSC’s inside Walmart stores in the SE, SW and GMW regions. In addition to traditional laboratory services, the JV aims to offer additional medical services and reach new patient populations.
• Quest HealthConnect works closely with the Walmart JV to expand its in-home services into JV sites.