Mgr, Logistics - ES- Lenexa, Kansas - 8AM to 5PM
As a Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for management of exempt level staff in support of three toxicology labs for Employer Solutions. The Logistics Manager will create, maintaining and distribute logistics functional data to functional leadership and business partners. The Manager will collect and analyze data from multiple national systems/platforms, including systems that reside outside of logistics and act as liaison between Employer Solutions and Quest air, ground logistics, corporate and 3PL. Must apply a center-led approach, manager will lead, plan, organize and coordinate all aspects of Employer Solutions logistics. Manager is accountable for driving continuous process improvement initiatives, reducing cost and improving quality. Manager is responsible for Employer Solutions logistics operational cost of ~$19M.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes and cultivates an inclusive, motivational, enabling and performance-oriented work environment through engagement, collaboration, and transparent communication.
• Drives an environment of continuous process improvement by engaging employees to implement ideas that will simplify and improve their work.
• Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; Agile in managing concerns of internal and external customers and employees in a professional manner.
• Provides short/long term range planning for the logistics area in order to meet departmental requirements and client needs.
• Conduct and analysis Value Stream Assessment
• Develop and execute strategic and operational plans and budgets based on corporate strategies and objectives.
• Performs in a cross-functional role with other departments, i.e. Logistics Finance, HR, EHS, Legal, Procurement and Operations. Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members.
• Develop and execute strategic operational plans and budgets based on corporate strategies and objectives.
• Prioritizes logistics activities to meet deadlines.
• Develops and maintains effective and efficient communications with all internal and external clients.
• Adherence to department budget and cost savings initiatives
• Responsible for the accuracy of invoice and expense coding and associated records
This position supervises approximately 2 to 3 exempt level logistics staff.
• BS, BA or equivalent experience - preferred
• 3+ years in logistics field
• Six Sigma, QMS or Lean methodology - preferred
• 10 to 15% travel
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
• Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
• Maintain composure under pressure
• Using effective written communication
• Concentrate on tasks
• Ability to making decisions
• Examine/observe details