Sr. Product Manager - Health Plan & Health Systems Analytics
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require
sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many
organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Product Manager is responsible for the development of new data and analytics products (guiding technology and internal and external product partners), short and long term strategy for new and existing products, pricing strategy, product release to market as well as working with internal and external partners to ensure an integrated product roadmap. This role will collaborate with external partners, Health Plan, Health Systems, and Information Ventures commercial teams driving product adoption, consultative services and customer feedback. The Product Manager will report directly Executive Director, Product Solutions.
• Develop and maintain in-depth product knowledge and expertise regarding Quests Information Ventures products
• Work with technical product management, support and business teams to identify, evaluate and design enhancements to products
• Conduct product and market research, and perform analysis for high-level business requirements
• Consult with users, management, vendors and other stakeholders to assess analytic needs and system requirements
• Participate in project planning activities, and develop project plans for tasks, timeline, and milestones; assist with delivering product training and user manuals as needed;
• Update management regarding project statuses, risks and resolution options;
• Support the creation of executive-level presentations (e.g., data analysis, graph generation etc.);
• Regularly review and communicate to IT, Medical, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory teams any adjustments to requirements, specifications, business processes and prioritization
• Develop and implement user acceptance test plans and support release management in collaboration with technical product management team
• Serve as a consultant to commercial team and others on the product capabilities, roadmap and release schedule
• Construct a formal product plan that will be updated and reviewed on a quarterly basis to account for product enhancements and changes in the healthcare landscape
• Assist the business and commercial teams in developing a commercialization strategy, messaging and value proposition communication
• Work with 3rd parties to identify, create enhance and integrate new solutions
REQUIRED Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 5+ years of Product Management, Software Development or similar Business Analyst role;
o Demonstrated success in generating life cycle of a product
• Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodology as we transition
o Expertise in Health Care Informatics and Analytics
• Demonstrated experience of healthcare content or related technical, data analytics, informatics, software and/or IT products.
• Working knowledge of
o Health Plan and Health System commercial contracting lifecycle.
o Health Plan Risk Adjustment; Utilization, and Case Management experience
o Health System Lab Stewardship and population health management
o Health care Quality Reporting Systems; HEDIS, UDS etc.
• Technical sales
o Solid technical skills to be able to apply technology solutions to client/market requests
o Exceptional communication skills and executive presence; comfortable interacting and presenting with senior executives of health systems, Health Plans, executive management
o Superb customer service and relationship building capabilities.
o Demonstrated ability to collaborate and mentor sales colleagues on informatics-type products and value propositions.
Experience working with marketing and promotion to develop sales collateral
Experience presenting complex products to multiple stakeholders
Demonstrated ability to utilize and leverage basic business tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, WebEx, SalesForce.com and the like.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently while adhering to project schedule.
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis (up to 20%).
Education / Certifications:
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in related area of science, mathematics, business, economics or information technology. Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
Customer Focus Influence
Strategic Agility Negotiation
Business Acumen Prioritization
Financial Acumen Comfort around Higher Management
Drive for Results Interpersonal Savvy
Dealing with Ambiguity